Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
This is the U.S. Department of Homeland Security database for tracking international students and scholars in the United States. DISSA is required to report on each international student in F and J status every semester.
What is in SEVIS?
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Country of Citizenship
- Address in Your Home Country or Country of Legal Residence
- Current U.S. Address (cannot be post office or departmental address)
- Name and Date/Place of Birth of All Visa Dependents in the U.S.
- Current U.S. Address of all Visa Dependents in the U.S.
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Degree Program in Which You are Enrolled (Degree Level)
- Major Field of Study
- Other Official Major or Minor Fields of Study
- Date of Termination of Studies
- Reason for Termination of Studies (e.g., withdrew, graduated, transferred to another school, etc.)
- Required number of credits (including reporting anytime you drop below full-time status)
NOTE: Benefits such as social security letters and Pennsylvania driver's licenses are issued only after you are registered in SEVIS. Pay close attention to the information on the following pages to ensure you complete the steps required to get registered.Next Page: Document Check-in