You are required to have a valid passport at all times while in the United States.  Ensure your passport is valid for at least 6 months into the future. 

DISSA does not provide letters for passport extensions (nor for family visitations, visa applications, etc.) Go to your embassy’s website and read the process for extending passports. Many embassies will require verification of your student status in the U.S. before they extend while you are here. That verification letter comes from the Registrar’s office and can be requested through LionPATH. 

graphic of hands holding various passports

(passport image created by Lexamer -

Next Page: Full-time Enrollment