Resources and Contact Information

At Penn State, the Directorate of International Student and Scholar Advising (DISSA) office is your one-stop shop for any questions regarding immigration, visas, social security, employment, travel, leaves of absence, changes of campus, addresses and other non-immigration/visa related topics such as social and cultural issues.

Directorate of International Student and Scholar Advising (DISSA)

If you have any questions at all, ask DISSA! Your friends may be trying to help, but come to DISSA to ensure you remain in legal status.  

You can see an International Student Adviser in-person:
Monday and Tuesday from 1:30 - 4:30 pm
Thursday and Friday from 8:30 - 11:30 am

410 Boucke Building, University Park, PA 16802

1-814-865-6348 (option #2)


Other important contact information and phone numbers

It's a good idea to add these to your cell phone so you have them when you need them.

Emergency: 911
For life or death emergencies when you need police, fire, or medical assistance, call 911. Dialing 911 anywhere in the U.S. gets you the local emergency response teams in that area. If you are in State College, you get emergency help from State College. If you travel to New York City and call 911, it reaches emergency response teams in New York.    

Police at University Park: 1-814-863-1111
To request police assistance or to report a crime, call 1-814-863-1111.
For administrative questions, call 1-814-865-1864.

Penn State Safe Walk escort service: 1-814-865-9255
The Safe Walk Program is designed to provide walking accompaniment for Penn State students, employees, and visitors who may feel unsafe walking alone on the University Park campus at night.

Your Consulate or Embassy phone number

Next Page: Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)