If you have dependents, it is important that your dependents follow the rules. In particular, dependents in F-2 status cannot work – any where, any time.

F-2 spouse:

Your dependent may now study part time in any certified program at a school certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), so long as the study does not amount to what regulations define as full time. 

F-2 children:

F-2 minors can and often must still attend kindergarten through 12th grade full time. F-2 children who have completed high school and are under 21 years old may only be part-time, non-degree students in a course that is recreational or avocational. An F-2  dependent who wants to enroll full time in a course of post-secondary academic or vocational study must apply for and obtain approval to change their nonimmigrant classification before beginning their full-time study.

More information can be found on the Department of Homeland Security's Study in the States website.

Next Page: Taxes